Etap / Formule1 / ibis budget
Etap hotel becomes ibis budget
European leader in budget hotels with more than 400 hotels in 10 countries, ibis budget offers to its guests, at affordable rates, comfortable rooms for one to three people, WiFi Internet access, all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet, snacks and beverages products, and « great deals » available year round on the brand website. The same product is present in the Southern Hemisphere with the Formule1 brand
- 528 hotels
- 23 countries
- Our locations
Accommodation and services offered by ibis budget
- Round-the-clock check-in
- A comfortable room at an affordable price for one, two or three people
- Equipped with a toilet and shower
- As well as television with national and international programs (news, sports, movie)
- A good breakfast at an affordable price and 24-hour snacks
- All-you-can eat breakfast buffet
- Snacks, hot and cold drinks
- Free WiFi internet access (in specific hotels only)
- A simple, convenient online or phone booking system available 24/7
- Promotions available year round on the brand website
- Highly visible and easily accessible locations along major road, near airports and city centres
- A unique experience in the budget hotel segment: new rooms and public areas
- More Stylish: rounded shapes, wood and soft colors.
- More atmosphere: LED ambient lighting, individual reading lights, a touch-sensitive switches, colorful shower.
- More comfort: a soft duvet, parquet style flooring, a spacious shower.
- More functionalities: 22’ flat screen TV, media hub, water flow regulator, Eco-friendly building material.
- An award-wining concept:
- Best interior Design at the European Design Awards in 2008.
- “Janus du commerce” with the EcoDesign label by the French Design Institute for its commitment to better living in 2009.
- The new ibis budget cocoon concept for the latest-generation rooms and public areas is deployed on new construction and renovation projects throughout the network. By 2013, the entire network will have been renovated.
The ibis budget network aims to strengthen its leadership in the budget segment, with a target of more than 500 hotels and 45,000 rooms in 20 countries. The development strategy focuses on:
- Reinforcing the network in mature markets in Europe: France, Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- Developing the network in new markets: Morocco, India, Portugal, and Eastern European countries (Ukraine, Romania...).
- Deploying the new cocoon concept in new construction and renovation projects.
- Choosing highly visibly, easily accessible locations, along major roads, near airports and in large cities.
ibis budget is committed to PLANET 21, Accor group’s sustainable development program
ibis budget’s commitment is conveyed by concrete actions.
For instance, in 2011:
- 86% of our hotels fit their showers/faucets with flow regulators
- 86% of our hotels use energy-saving bulbs for their 24-hour lighting
- 69% of our hotels recycle their waste
- In Europe, ibis budget offers Fairtrade/Max Havelaar hot drinks (tea and hot chocolate)
- 42% of our hotels are taking part in the Plant for the Planet reforestation project
Etap Hotel Toulouse Airport: a pilot project to protect the planet
This hotel consumes three times less energy and emits four times less greenhouse gases than a new, standard Etap Hotel does.
- ibis budget & ISIC:
Breakfast is €1.00 for students carrying the International Student Identity Card.
Guests may receive a discount of up to 20% for vehicles rented from Europcar and booked via the brand website and accorhotels.com.
In France: 15% off at ibis and Courtepaille restaurants for a dinner.