SOFITEL, SYMBOL OF FRENCH ELEGANCE IN LUXURY HOSPITALITY AROUND THE WORLD
Sofitel and its Ambassadors (employees) link the world with French Elegance across a collection of unique addresses offering their guests and partners a “Cousu Main” service enriched with emotion, performance and a passion for excellence.
Sofitel is the only French luxury hotel brand with a presence on five continents with 120 addresses, in almost 40 countries (more than 30,000 rooms). Sofitel offers contemporary hotels and resorts adapted to today’s more demanding and more versatile consumers who expect and appreciate beauty, quality and excellence. Whether situated in the heart of a major city like Paris, London, New York, Shanghai or Beijing, or nestled away in a country landscape in Morocco, Egypt, French Polynesia or Thailand, each Sofitel property offers a genuine experience of the French “art de vivre”.
Sofitel has opened 15 new establishments since end of 2011, with approximately 3,000 rooms and suites. Starting with the first Sofitel Thalassa sea & spa in Agadir (Morocco), to the first Sofitel in India, Sofitel Mumbai Bandra Kurla, Sofitel also developed in Auckland (New Zealand), Abu Dhabi, Bangkok (Thailand), Casablanca (Morocco) and Montevideo (Uruguay) and Dubaï (United Arab Emirates).
The brand is also accelerating its expansion in Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia with the signing of 7 new contracts (approximately 3,000 rooms) in 2012 and 2013, including Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Bali (Indonesia), Auckland (New Zealand), Shenyang in China and Wellington, the capital of New Zealand.
Two labels have been added to the Sofitel Luxury Hotels brand, sharing the same DNA.
- Sofitel Legend is a seal, a private club of timeless establishments, often with historical, century-old buildings, legendary places imbibed in history, that are attractions in their own right in their town or country. Each Sofitel Legend is a unique gem. A guarantee of travelling to the heart of luxury and history. Following the Sofitel Legend Metropole in Hanoï (Vietnam), Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam (Netherlands), and the mythical Old Cataract in Aswan (Egypt), Sofitel Cartagena Santa Clara in Colombia was awarded the Sofitel Legend plaque on 12/12/12.
- Built on the renown of Sofitel Luxury Hotels and its unique identity that is a subtle blend of French luxury and the best aspects of local culture, Sofitel So is the new “designer boutique hotel” label epitomised by ultra-contemporary style in trendy destinations. The chic, contemporary style of Sofitel So is the result of an alliance between Sofitel’s famous “art de vivre” and the signature of an internationally renowned designer from the worlds of art of fashion. It reflects and enhances the very essence of a place. Kenzo Takada was for instance the artistic director at Sofitel So Mauritius, while Mr Christian Lacroix put his signature on Sofitel So Bangkok in Thailand. Sofitel So Singapore, the third hotel in this rapidly growing label’s portfolio, will have its emblem created by the famous fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld. Sofitel So addresses that will join the ranks between now and 2015 are: Mumbai, Rio et Sydney.
Sofitel’s positioning is based on 3 strategic pillars:
- Design: Sofitel joins forces with designers, architects and artists who interact with the different places and play with their codes: alongside the Sofitel So signatures feature great names like Jean Nouvel at Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom, Sybille de Margerie at Sofitel Legend Old Cataract Aswan and Sofitel Montevideo Carrasco Casino & spa, and Andrée Putman at Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe… Talented people who are able to reinvent the French hotel business and make Sofitel a resolutely contemporary brand.
- Gastronomy: diversity in tastes features prominently on our chefs’ menus, building bridges between local cuisine and French food heritage. The Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam restaurant is in fact called “Bridges”, in tribute to the city’s bridges and ties built between gastronomies of the world. Our chefs’ talent lies in creating this alchemy of flavours, influences and textures. This art of “good taste” is also shared at the “Flamboyant” (Sofitel So Mauritius), the “Renoir” (Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile,) the “Balcon” (Sofitel London St James), and the “Beaulieu” (Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi). Not to mention their prestigious wine lists.
- Culture: Sofitel is associated with cultural happenings and organises events. Examples include Elles by Gilles Bensimon, celebrating women in 4 Sofitels in the USA with photos of 25 famous women such as actresses Charlize Theron, Audrey Hepburn, Monica Belluci, Uma Thurman, Catherine Deneuve... The brand also pays tribute to fashion with Fashion Stills, bringing together some of the most iconic photographs of French fashion. Or surrounds itself with illustrious writing talents for Literary Escapes. Not to mention the numerous events that take place at our hotels: fashion shows, exhibition previews, concerts…
In the rooms, the MyBed™ experience, an exclusive bed concept, offers our customers restorative sleep. The refinement extends to a perfumed bath with fragrance products from Hermès or Lanvin. The 25 Sofitel So SPAs around the world also combine French cosmetic brands like Cinq Mondes or Carita with the best of local wellbeing techniques. Sofitel Thalassa sea & spa improve fitness with all the benefits of seawater. Finally, Sofitel has special offers and exclusive services for family holidays. Every child is welcomed like a prince or princess with their own “Le Petit Prince” kit.
Each day, the Sofitel Ambassadors as our employees are called, welcome customers and let them share in the experience of our hospitality and “handmade” service. Among these Ambassadors, our receptionists are passionately devoted to excellence for our guests’ satisfaction, whether it’s a friendly hello, a restaurant suggestion, or fulfilling an exceptional request. In addition, as part of its Human Resources programme, Sofitel offers its employees a tailored career development plan called the “Ambassadors Programme”. Aimed at our 26,000 employees, it gives personalised support to our teams on a professional and personal level. This three-part programme aims to attract talented people, retain them through specialised training, and offer them career opportunities.
** 115 hotels in the MEGA portfolio vs. 120 hotels through TARS reservation system